Read here the Inspiring quotes said by Kamal Haasan that will help you to find motivation in your life.
Who is Kamal Haasan?
Kamal Haasan is an Indian actor who acts in Tamil cinema. Apart from Tamil, Kamal Hassan has also worked in Malayalam, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, and Bengali films. He is also a film producer & director. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema. He has been recognized as an influence for actors and filmmakers in the Tamil film industry.
How was Kamal Haasan’s life journey?
Kamal Haasan was born on 7 November 1954 in Tamilnadu. His father, D. Srinivasan, was a lawyer and freedom fighter, and his mother Rajalakshmi, was a housewife. He is the father of popular actresses Shruti Haasan & Akshara Haasan.
Kamal Haasan started his film career as a child artist in the 1960 Tamil-language film Kalathur Kannamma, for which he won the President’s, Gold Medal. He won his first National Film Award for his portrayal of a guileless school teacher who cares for a woman who suffers from retrograde amnesia in the film Moondram Pirai in 1983.
He has shown his notable performance in films such as Nayakan, Indian, Hey Ram, Virumaandi, Dasavathaaram, Vishwaroopam, and many movies. He has acted in over 220 films, and in 2019 he became one of the few actors in India to have completed 60 years working in cinema. He entered into politics by founding his party Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM).
What has Kamal Haasan achieved in his life?
Kamal Haasan has made more than 220 films in his 60 years film career. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema. He has won 4 National Film Awards and 19 Filmfare Awards. He was awarded the Kalaimamani award in 1984 the Padma Shri in 1990, the Padma Bhushan in 2014, and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2016.
Kamal Haasan Quotes
Read below motivational quotes said by Kamal Haasan on various topics to find motivation in your life.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes on Corruption:
1. “When you don’t take a stand against corruption you tacitly support it.” – This quote tells us that if we don’t stand up against corruption (dishonest or illegal behavior), we’re indirectly helping it to continue. It’s important to speak out against corruption and not silently support it.
2. “If my idol Mahatma Gandhi could fight to eradicate corruption at the age of 78, why can’t I try at 60?” – This quote inspires us by comparing ourselves to Mahatma Gandhi, who fought against corruption even at an old age. It encourages us to take action against corruption regardless of our age, reminding us that it’s never too late to make a difference.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes on Happiness:
3. “Happiness is perhaps painlessness, a state one rarely appreciates.” – This quote suggests that happiness is like being free from pain, but we often don’t realize or appreciate it. It reminds us to value and cherish the moments when we are happy and not take them for granted.
4. “Happiness is very much like a great talent. It rarely gets appreciated and is taken for granted.” – This quote compares happiness to a special skill, saying that we often overlook and don’t appreciate it. It encourages us to recognize the value of happiness in our lives.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes on Life:
5. “There is a lot to be learned, and I am always dissatisfied. I am happy but not content.” – This quote reflects the idea that life is full of opportunities to learn and grow. It encourages us to always strive for more and not settle for complacency, even when we’re happy.
6. “I cannot live on myths; somehow, science convinces me more easily.” – This quote tells us that the speaker prefers science and reason over myths or superstitions. It encourages us to rely on knowledge and evidence in our lives.
7. “I am prone to lean towards science, ethics, and philosophy rather than myth, religion, and rituals.” – This quote highlights the speaker’s inclination towards science, ethics, and philosophy over traditional beliefs and rituals. It encourages us to prioritize rational and ethical thinking in our lives.
8. “I’d like to keep updating myself. That’s the only way to make life interesting. And because I am a performer, I like to do it deliberately and with purpose.” – This quote emphasizes the importance of continuous self-improvement to keep life interesting. It encourages us to actively seek new knowledge and experiences to enrich our lives.
9. “There is a buffet of ideologies for me to choose from. I’ve been a fan of certain communist and socialist ideals. Some have failed, some have succeeded. I’ve lived long enough to understand where all they failed.” – This quote suggests that life offers a variety of ideologies and beliefs to explore. It encourages us to learn from the successes and failures of different ideologies, gaining a deeper understanding of the world.
Kamal Haasan’s Inspiring Quotes:
10. “You must have anger, as rightful wrath is what makes you create your own ethical standards.” – This quote tells us that anger, when channeled properly, can motivate us to establish our own ethical principles. It encourages us to stand up for what we believe is right.
11. “If it doesn’t reach the last poor man, your constitution is wrong.” – This quote implies that a fair system or constitution should benefit even the poorest individuals. It encourages us to question and improve systems that don’t serve everyone.
12. “The box office is a black money laundry shop. No business is straight.” – This quote suggests that the entertainment industry may involve illegal activities. It encourages us to be aware of dishonest practices in business and seek transparency.
13. “The disgraces I suffer should be attributed to me, but the praises that I get go to my family and teachers. It is they who decided what I would become.” – This quote humbly suggests that personal failures should be attributed to the individual, while successes should be credited to the influence of family and teachers. It emphasizes the role of guidance in our lives.
14. “All my films are statements, especially when I write them.” – This quote indicates that the speaker’s films are expressions of their beliefs and ideas. It encourages us to use creative forms of expression to convey our messages and values.
15. “The most feared thing should be dead, but after a lot of rumination, I have settled to fear incessant pain. It is not a ‘screaming hysterically’ kind of fear but a silently lurking one.” – This quote discusses the fear of enduring continuous pain, emphasizing that it is a quiet and persistent fear. It encourages us to acknowledge and address our fears, even if they are not obvious.
16. “I’ve always believed in speaking my mind, and I think technology has made it more prominent. Even a common man’s voice is heard prominently now, much to the chagrin and surprise of politicians. They aren’t used to that.” – This quote highlights the power of speaking up and how technology has amplified the voices of ordinary people. It encourages us to express our opinions and hold those in power accountable.
Kamal Haasan’s Quote About Acceptance:
17. “Acceptance is the only thing you should teach. Be it Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Dalit, you must inculcate acceptance, not tolerance.” – This quote tells us that it’s important to teach and promote acceptance of all people, regardless of their religion or background. It suggests that we should go beyond mere tolerance and truly embrace and understand each other.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes about Freedom of Speech:
18. “Even if the country is run by a Mussolini, free speech will find its way.” – This quote means that even in a country led by a strict or authoritarian leader (like Mussolini), the freedom to express our opinions and ideas will always find a path. It inspires us to believe in the resilience of free speech.
19. “I am not the opposite of theism. I am right in the middle of those non-believers and believers. It’s not even about being agnostic or nastik.” – In this quote, the speaker is saying that they don’t oppose religious beliefs, nor are they completely against them. They believe in finding a balance between belief and non-belief, and this encourages us to respect diverse beliefs.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes About Politics:
20. “Entering politics would be like donning a crown of thorns.” – This quote compares getting involved in politics to wearing a crown made of thorns, implying that it can be very challenging and painful. It serves as a warning about the difficulties of political involvement.
21. “A political party is about an ideology. And I don’t think my goals in politics can match the ideology of any political party.” – This quote suggests that political parties have their own specific beliefs and ideas, and the speaker feels that their goals don’t completely align with any particular party. It inspires us to consider our own values and not just follow a party’s ideology.
22. “I am very angry, and you don’t need angry politicians. You need politicians with great balance.” – This quote acknowledges the speaker’s anger but suggests that effective politicians should be balanced and not driven by anger. It encourages politicians to maintain composure and make rational decisions.
23. “We should work towards legislation to sack non-performing politicians. This may not happen during my lifetime, but I will try for it anyway.” – In this quote, the speaker proposes that there should be laws to remove politicians who are not doing a good job. Even though they might not see it happen in their lifetime, it shows their commitment to improving the political system.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes on Film & Acting:
24. “If you ask my opinion, I don’t look at a film according to its box office collection.” – This quote reveals that the speaker doesn’t judge a movie solely based on how much money it makes. It encourages us to appreciate the artistic and creative aspects of films rather than just their financial success.
25. “Acting ceases to work because I enjoy it. But it feels like working when I do bad work, especially when I know it is bad.” – This quote suggests that acting stops feeling like a job when it’s enjoyable and satisfying. However, when the speaker knows they’ve done a poor job, acting feels like work. It inspires us to do what we love and take pride in our work.
26. “All stars are businessmen. Once you decide to become a star, you are talking about money, fame, and being successful.” – This quote implies that once someone aims to become a famous actor (a “star”), it involves business aspects like money, fame, and success. It reminds us that showbiz often revolves around more than just the art itself.
27. “I am opposed to autobiographies, mainly because most autobiographies lie.” – The speaker is against autobiographies because they believe that many autobiographies contain untruths. It inspires us to be cautious when reading or writing autobiographies and seek the truth.
28. “We are not exercising our democratic rights properly. We need to stop looking for solutions in others.” – This quote suggests that people aren’t fully using their democratic rights and often depend on others for solutions. It encourages us to actively engage in the democratic process and take responsibility for our own solutions.
29. “The fact that I’ve lived this long is not really an achievement.” – This quote implies that merely living for a long time is not something to be proud of. It inspires us to focus on our accomplishments and contributions to make our lives meaningful.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes to Respect Yourself:
30. “Tell me, when do you become a respectable person in society? When you start respecting yourself. That is when you take care of yourself, that is when you comb your hair, groom yourself, and cleanse your body. You do all this because you respect yourself.” – This quote reminds us that to gain respect from others, we first need to respect and take care of ourselves. It encourages self-care and self-respect as the foundation for earning respect from society.
31. “You have to appreciate the finer points of your work; criticize, too, if needed.” – This quote suggests that we should both appreciate the good aspects of our work and be willing to critique or improve it if necessary. It inspires us to be self-aware and strive for excellence.
32. “I am also my own worst and most honest critic. I can say things that nobody will ever dare say. Even the best of friends will stop at a point, whereas I can go beyond.” – This quote highlights the speaker’s ability to honestly criticize themselves. It encourages us to be self-reflective and willing to acknowledge our faults even when others may not.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes About Self-Criticism:
33. “As a principle, I will never react to film criticisms. As long as they are part of the film fraternity, whatever they say will be beneficial to the cinema.” – This quote suggests that the speaker chooses not to react to criticisms of their films. Instead, they believe that feedback from those in the film industry can help improve the quality of cinema. It encourages us to handle criticism constructively.
34. “I love reading all the mythological stories. I was brought upon them.” – In this quote, the speaker expresses their love for reading mythological stories, which were a part of their upbringing. It inspires us to appreciate the stories and traditions that shape our backgrounds and cultures.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes About Stardom and Humility:
35. “Once you attain stardom, you lose that finer touch with society.” – This quote suggests that becoming a star in the entertainment industry can distance you from the everyday experiences of ordinary people. It inspires us to remain connected with society and not lose touch with reality.
36. “When you are a man on the street, you get to know every vibration. But once you attain this status, more than you, people become self-conscious by your presence.” – This quote conveys how, as a famous person, people might feel self-conscious or uneasy around you. It encourages us to stay grounded and understand the impact of our presence on others.
Kamal Haasan’s Quotes About Anger and Leadership:
37. “Sometimes we equate anger to destructive physical violence, but anger need not be martial.” – This quote suggests that anger is not always about physical violence. It can also be expressed in other ways. It inspires us to understand and manage our anger in a non-destructive manner.
38. “Today, we should look for people with great organizational skills to run a government – not just leaders, who are good with people.” – This quote suggests that effective governance requires more than just being good with people; it needs people with strong organizational skills. It encourages us to value leadership qualities that go beyond charisma.
39. “We got to go one step further than even ‘Make in India.’ Let’s make India itself – India 2.0, the updated version.” – This quote proposes taking India to the next level, beyond just “Making in India,” to an updated version of the country. It inspires us to think about progress and innovation for our nation.
I hope you liked these Kamal Haasan Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below:
Source of Quotes: Brainy Quote