Read here Inspiring quotes said by Kamal Haasan that will help you to find motivation in your life.
Who is Kamal Haasan?
Kamal Haasan is an Indian actor who acts in Tamil cinema. Apart from Tamil, Kamal Hassan has also worked in Malayalam, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, and Bengali films. He is also a film producer & director. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema. He has been recognized as an influence for actors and filmmakers in the Tamil film industry.
How was Kamal Haasan’s life journey?
Kamal Haasan was born on 7 November 1954 in Tamilnadu. His father, D. Srinivasan, was a lawyer and freedom fighter, and his mother Rajalakshmi, was a housewife. He is the father of popular actresses Shruti Haasan & Akshara Haasan.
Kamal Haasan started his film career as a child artist in the 1960 Tamil-language film Kalathur Kannamma, for which he won the President’s, Gold Medal. He won his first National Film Award for his portrayal of a guileless school teacher who cares for a woman who suffers from retrograde amnesia in the film Moondram Pirai in 1983.
He has shown his notable performance in films such as Nayakan, Indian, Hey Ram, Virumaandi, Dasavathaaram, Vishwaroopam, and many movies. He has acted in over 220 films, and in 2019 he became one of the few actors in India to have completed 60 years working in cinema. He entered into politics by founding his party Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM).
What has Kamal Haasan achieved in his life?
Kamal Haasan has made more than 220 films in his 60 years film career. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema. He has won 4 National Film Awards and 19 Filmfare Awards. He was awarded the Kalaimamani award in 1984 the Padma Shri in 1990, the Padma Bhushan in 2014, and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2016.
Read below motivational quotes said by Kamal Haasan on various topics to find motivation in your life.
Kamal Haasan Inspiring Quotes
1. “When you don’t take a stand against corruption you tacitly support it.” ― Kamal Haasan
2. “If my idol Mahatma Gandhi could fight to eradicate corruption at the age of 78, why can’t I try at 60?” ― Kamal Haasan
3. “Happiness is perhaps painlessness, a state one rarely appreciates.” ― Kamal Haasan
4. “Happiness is very much like a great talent. It rarely gets appreciated and is taken for granted.” ― Kamal Haasan
5. “There is a lot to be learned, and I am always dissatisfied. I am happy but not content.” ― Kamal Haasan
6. “I cannot live on myths; somehow, science convinces me more easily.” ― Kamal Haasan
7. “I am prone to lean towards science, ethics, and philosophy rather than myth, religion, and rituals.” ― Kamal Haasan
8. “I’d like to keep updating myself. That’s the only way to make life interesting. And because I am a performer, I like to do it deliberately and with purpose.” ― Kamal Haasan
9. “There is a buffet of ideologies for me to choose from. I’ve been a fan of certain communist and socialist ideals. Some have failed, some have succeeded. I’ve lived long enough to understand where all they failed.” ― Kamal Haasan
10. “You must have anger, as rightful wrath is what makes you create your own ethical standards.” ― Kamal Haasan
11. “If it doesn’t reach the last poor man, your constitution is wrong.” ― Kamal Haasan
12. “The box office is a black money laundry shop. No business is straight.” ― Kamal Haasan
13. “The disgraces I suffer should be attributed to me, but the praises that I get-go to my family and teachers. It is they who decided what I would become.” ― Kamal Haasan
14. “All my films are statements, especially when I write them.” ― Kamal Haasan
15. “The most feared thing should be dead, but after a lot of rumination, I have settled to fear incessant pain. It is not a ‘screaming hysterically’ kind of fear but a silently lurking one.” ― Kamal Haasan
16. “I’ve always believed in speaking my mind, and I think technology has made it more prominent. Even a common man’s voice is heard prominently now, much to the chagrin and surprise of politicians. They aren’t used to that.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes About Acceptance
17. “Acceptance is the only thing you should teach. Be it Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Dalit, you must inculcate acceptance, not tolerance.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes about Freedom of speech
18. “Even if the country is run by a Mussolini, free speech will find its way.” ― Kamal Haasan
19. “I am not the opposite of theism. I am right in the middle of those non-believers and believers. It’s not even about being agnostic or nastik.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes About Politics
20. “Entering politics would be like donning a crown of thorns.” ― Kamal Haasan
21. “A political party is about an ideology. And I don’t think my goals in politics can match the ideology of any political party.” ― Kamal Haasan
22. “I am very angry, and you don’t need angry politicians. You need politicians with great balance.” ― Kamal Haasan
23. “We should work towards legislation to sack non-performing politicians. This may not happen during my lifetime, but I will try for it anyway.” ― Kamal Haasan
Film & Acting
24. “If you ask my opinion, I don’t look at a film according to its box office collection.” ― Kamal Haasan
25. “Acting ceases to work because I enjoy it. But it feels like working when I do bad work, especially when I know it is bad.” ― Kamal Haasan
26. “All stars are businessmen. Once you decide to become a star, you are talking about money, fame, and being successful.” ― Kamal Haasan
27. “I am opposed to autobiographies, mainly because most autobiographies lie.” ― Kamal Haasan
28. “We are not exercising our democratic rights properly. We need to stop looking for solutions in others.” ― Kamal Haasan
29. “The fact that I’ve lived this long is not really an achievement.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes to Respect yourself
30. “Tell me, when do you become a respectable person in society? When you start respecting yourself. That is when you take care of yourself, that is when you comb your hair, groom yourself, and cleanse your body. You do all this because you respect yourself.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes on Critics
31. “You have to appreciate the finer points of your work; criticize, too, if needed.” ― Kamal Haasan
32. “I am also my own worst and most honest critic. I can say things that nobody will ever dare say. Even the best of friends will stop at a point, whereas I can go beyond.” ― Kamal Haasan
33. “As a principle, I will never react to film criticisms. As long as they are part of the film fraternity, whatever they say will be beneficial to the cinema.” ― Kamal Haasan
34. “I love reading all the mythological stories. I was brought upon them.” ― Kamal Haasan
35. “Once you attain stardom, you lose that finer touch with society.” ― Kamal Haasan
36. “When you are a man on the street, you get to know every vibration. But once you attain this status, more than you, people become self-conscious by your presence.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes on Angry
37. “Sometimes we equate anger to destructive physical violence, but anger need not be martial.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes About Leadership
38. “Today, we should look for people with great organizational skills to run a government – not just leaders, who are good with people.” ― Kamal Haasan
Quotes about Make in India
39. “We got to go one step further than even ‘Make in India.’ Let’s make India itself – India 2.0, the updated version.” ― Kamal Haasan
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Kamal Haasan Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below: