Read the best 25 self-destruction quotes.
When you do something that causes your own destruction, such as consuming excessive amounts of alcohol, injuring yourself, attempting suicide, etc. is said to be self-destructive or self-destruction. The reason for this is only you, no one else.
It may be intentional or maybe unintentional. It can strongly control your desire and is very difficult for you to get out of it.
We are sharing here the 25 best self-destruction quotes that will help you to know about the reason behind destroying one’s self and how to protect yourself from it.
1. “In order to understand, I destroyed myself.” ― Fernando Pessoa
2. “Sometimes we want what we want even if we know it’s going to kill us.” ― Donna Tartt
3. “I will no longer mutilate and destroy myself in order to find a secret behind the ruins.” ― Hermann Hesse
4. “Sometimes you hit a point where you either change or self-destruct.” ― Sam Stevens
5. “Unless we learn to know ourselves, we run the danger of destroying ourselves.” ― Ja A. Jahannes
6. “Never loan your heart to hatred; it pays you back with self-destruction. The majority of people living are not aware that anger is an acid that destroys its own container.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
7. “People doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. People doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. Only getting what they wanted if it would ultimately destroy them.” ― Emily Henry
8. “The purpose of my purpose is not to destroy my purpose before I discover it, although the destruction of this sort seems to be a widely held purpose.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
9. “All other species use their intelligence to help them survive. Humans use theirs to destroy themselves.” ― Marty Rubin
10. “Thinking yourself superior to you is not harmful to others but thinking yourself inferior to others is harmful to you.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
11. “Spending time with people without ambition is a self-destruction.” ― Amen Muffler
12. “Anger is an agrochemical that makes self-destruction grow faster. Like a stone thrown upward, all angry people eventually fall down into the dirty ditch of sorrowful self-harm and a pathetic loss of real-self.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
13. “A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and fight against himself.” ― Alexandre Dumas
14. “Do not kick against the pricks, you will hurt yourself.” ― Aeschylus
15. “Don’t waste so much time thinking about how much you weigh. There is no more mind-numbing, boring, idiotic, self-destructive diversion from the fun of living.” ― Meryl Streep
16. “Ego is one of the biggest weapons that is used to take us down. It’s self-destructive. It’s a problem on all levels – even regular people can have big ego problems.” ― Yehuda Berg
Quotes to Protect yourself
17. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ― Roy T. Bennett
19. “No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.” ― Roy T. Bennett
20. “If there is no solution to the problem then don’t waste time worrying about it. If there is a solution to the problem then don’t waste time worrying about it.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
21. “Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
22. “Times will change for the better when you change.” ― Maxwell Maltz
23. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
24. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” ― Jim Rohn
25. “Don’t wait for the right moment to start, start and make each moment right.” ― Roy T. Bennett
I hope you liked the above Self-Destruction Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below:
- Self-knowledge quotes to know yourself
- Self-improvement quotes to improve yourself
- Self-control quotes to control yourself
- Self-affirmation quotes